Sanwara fights all odds to stand out
Sanwara is a 24-year-old, physically challenged young boy. Despite being dysfunctional from both his legs, he wished to do something in his life. After completing his 8th standard, he joined RMKM in a hope to learn a skill which can make him earn his livelihood.
Not sure from where to start, RMKM helped Sanwara to choose a Wooden Unit which required him to use only his hands. Slowly, he became an adept carpenter and started doing everything confidently in the Wooden Unit. Now he makes beautiful wooden products with carefully crafted designs. Besides, he can also make different types of TLMs, wooden lamps, coaster box, pen stand, photo frame etc.
Owing to his determination, he not only learnt the art himself but also progressed to teach the same to others. Now at the unit, Sanwara is a master Vocational Trainer, where he trains other specially abled children and adults. He also uses different methods and tools of training like jigsaw machine, different types of cutters, drill machine etc.
Your donation will help to run these vocational units for specially abled youth like Sanwara. You can donate with confidence because every program on our platform is GIVEASSURED.
By donating to this program
You will receive the background information of the people your monthly contributions directly support
About The Program
What the beneficiary gets
Rajasthan Mahila Kalyan Mandal Sanstha (RMKM) runs Daksha Vocational Training Centre for the specially abled and the mentally challenged children/adults in its campus in the Chachivyas village of Ajmer, Rajasthan. Its objective is to make the specially abled self sufficient and an active member of the society.
It imparts vocational skill to ensure that the beneficiaries can earn their livelihood and become financially independent. The vocational unit of RMKM has a wooden unit, a stationary unit, a deco unit and a vermi compost unit.
How it works:
* The Training Centre was supported by Vibha Inc., U.S.A. for five years. It used to take care of the trainers' salaries, raw material required for the units and conveyance of the beneficiaries
* Now, the centre is being run with the help of public and individual donations
* Total number of vocational training units at the centre - 4
* Regular beneficiaries at the centre - 27
About The NGO
Rajasthan Mahila Kalyan Mandal Sanstha (RMKM)
5 August, 2020
I choose to remove "Dis" from my DisAbility
I choose to remove "Dis" from my DisAbility
RMKM is working on the field of disability since 1988, providing therapeutic and educational services to Children With Special Needs (CWSN) and Vocational training to Adults With Disability (AWDs) to make them independent. The CWSNs who are having disabilities like Intellectual Development Delay (IDD), Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Multiple disability etc.. get long-term residential care at the centre. Children with cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy are given physiotherapy, speech impaired children are given speech therapy, psychological therapy is given for the behavioral issues. Special education includes functional and recreational activities for the development of CWSNs, along with this, vocational training is also provided to the adults having disability, they learn various skills in different trades viz. wooden unit making, decoration work, stationary etc. These students get long term residential care at the centre. Your valuable donation supports in providing educational & therapeutic services to the needy CWSNs. RMKM has organized various activities so as to increase the development of the students. Various cultural activities were also organized during this period including various festivals, sports, activities etc., which are briefly mentioned here:
• Foundation Day Celebrations: On 19.07.2019 RMKM celebrated its 44th foundation day joyously with all the staff of all the branches, various curricular activities organized, everyone danced and enjoyed. • Selection in State Football selection camp: On 22.07.2019, the Children participated in State level Football selection camp organized by special olympic bharat in Jaipur. • Artistic abilities demonstration: On 29.07.2019 Minu school children participated in intra-school drawing & painting activities organized in Mayo College Girls School and presented beautiful levels of creativity. • Janmashtami Celebration: On 24.08.2019, the children got dressed like Lord Krishna and participated in Janmashtami Event organized by Ajmer Municipal Corporation at Azad Park. • KILBIL- An Inclusive Fete: On 22.08.2019 RMKM conducted an Inclusive Fete – KILBIL 14th Balmela that witnessed around 1500 children (both- CWSN and Non-disabled children) of more than 30 schools. The most important objective was sensitization of people towards the disabled peers as well as rehabilitation & mainstreaming of the special children into the society. • Gandhi Jayanti & Shastri Jayanti: On 02.10.2019, the Minu School Children celebrated the Birthday of Shri Mahatma Gandhi & Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri with great joy, dressed like them and gave respectful tribute. • Participation in Badminton selection camp: On 06.10.2019, the children participated in the Badminton Selection Camp. This camp was organized by Special Olympics Bharat and the venue was Jaipur Sports Academy. The Children played well, got opportunity to interact with the other peers and won prizes/certi¦cations. • Diwali Celebration: On 18.10.2019, Children celebrated Diwali got dressed like Lord Ram-Sita and presented beautiful jhanki that was appraised by everyone. • Christmas Celebration: On 20.12.2019, there was organized Christmas Celebration in which beautiful jhanki representing the birth of Jesus was displayed. • AMRIT-2019 (Staff Capacity Building Training): AMRIT (2019) - An activity for staff grooming & development held by RMKM from 24.12.2019 - 26.12.2019 which itself holds the meaning “Annual Meet Retreat Intent Training” held at Anand International College, Jaipur. It is aimed to have annual get together with all employees working in different projects with an intent to review - previous years working, relevant experiences, pitfalls & learnings. . On 29.01.2020, Basantotsav/ Navpallavi means spring festival that was organized in the RMKM premises that aimed to create awareness among the community. The main objectives of the program were:- • It was primarily focused on showcasing the products prepared by the PWDs trained under organization’s initiatives. • Linkages will be developed with new potential employers invited in the program, they were introduced with the PWDs whose internship has been completed successfully, this marked positive impact of the abilities of PWDs. Highlights- In the program, adorable and colorful foral plants, wooden crockery made in Daksha Flora Nursery, Wooden and Crockery items, attractive pots handcrafted by Daksha Empower Ability Foundation were displayed & sold. The program was inaugurated with the worship of Goddess Saraswati by Mrs. Kshama R Kaushik & Mr. Rakesh K Kaushik. Then they introduced the guests about the products being prepared by the PWDs and various programs run by the institution while visiting the exhibition. Everyone acknowledged the work done by PWDs, they appreciated and motivated them for the best future.