Radhika gets a good life
Radhika was the first child at Aarti Home. She was left with them by a woman of her own village when she was hardly two years old. Her father had absconded after killing her mother. Her grandfather was looking after her, but once he passed away, none of her uncles were willing to take care of her. Radhika was severely malnourished and had nutritional cirrhosis when she was brought to Aarti for Girls. She never smiled or showed any expression and it took her a long time to even speak again. She was in trauma and was in need of medical help.
Slowly, she opened up and began interacting with other girls in the Home. She started attending the school as well. She wasn't very good at studies but she surprised everyone by scoring good marks in 10th standard. She did well in her Higher Secondary as well after which Aarti for Girls enrolled her in a course to become Radiology Technician. She now works in Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad and is doing well in her job.
Donate to provide utilities and health care to girls like Radhika. You can donate with confidence because every program on our platform is GIVEASSURED.
By donating to this program
you will be sponsoring the overall costs incurred to support the beneficiaries
About The Program
What the beneficiary gets
Aarti Home is an orphanage that offers a permanent home to orphaned and abandoned children, mostly girls. Aarti Home was founded in the early 90s and initially, it used to shelter only abandoned girls. It was found that many a times behind every abandoned child there was a mother who was unable to protect her child and but hence it started sheltering mothers too. This way, Home not only focuses on addressing the symptoms, but also aims at solving the underlying issues.
How It Works:
* Girls, abandoned by their families are given shelter in the Home
* Their basic needs like food and clothing are taken care of
* Twice a year medical check-ups are provided to the girls
* They are encouraged to study by providing them with basic school supplies including uniforms (3pairs/year), casual wear (5pairs/year), school books and toiletries
* Apart from that, tutoring is also provided to the girls after their school hours
* Most of the girls choose to stay in Aarti Home during their holidays and vacations