Chhotu on the way to achieving big!
Chhotu studies at UMS Tirapurvi in Samastipur, Bihar. His father runs a small bike repair shop right next to his school where Chhotu used to spend most of his time. Though both of his parents are illiterate, they want their son to get a good education. But Chhotu was never interested in studies and hence he hardly used to attend school. When Quest Alliance's program, Anandshala started in his school, his attendance and behavior were assessed. His class performance and work obligations were also evaluated. To make sure that he does not drop out of school, he was put in the 'special focus' category and the team immediately started working to improve his assessment.
Chhotu took time to develop interest. Initially, he only used to go for sports sessions but slowly he started enjoying his time with his classmates and teachers. As a part of the Anandshala program, he was encouraged to participate in other enrichment activities like arts, crafts and body movement. The team found out that Chhotu enjoys painting and they motivated him to experiment further. His self confidence improved and he also showcased his talent at the parent teacher meeting and at few external events.
His father shared. "I have spoken to his teachers before but we could not find any way to make him interested in going to school. He used to sit in the shop and look at his classmates playing all day. Noticing his interest in games, the Anandshala team asked him to join the sports group once. He started going for the same and slowly he started attending his other classes as well."
Anandshala is making an honest effort to build interest among children like Chhotu to attend school. Support their efforts and help them continue to educate another child. You can donate with confidence because every program on our platform is GIVEASSURED.
By donating to this program
you will be sponsoring the overall costs incurred to support the beneficiaries
About The Program
What the beneficiary gets
Anandshala's objective is to ensure that every child stays, engages and learns in schools. They foster positive relationships between school, parents and children to create a learning environment for the child.
* The program is implemented in collaboration with the Bihar Education Project Council in 1000 schools across Samastipur district of Bihar
* The program was initially focused in six blocks, 300 schools and was then scaled up to the remaining 700 schools and 14 blocks
* 4,00,000 children from Grades 5 to 8 in 1000 schools are impacted through their engagement with 4000 teachers, 1000 headmasters and 200 education functionaries
* Anandshala Resource Centres (ARCs) are set up in few schools to achieve Anandshala's objective
* The curriculum is designed to equip children with 21st century skills like critical thinking, collaboration, leadership and communication
* The program also focuses on different learning mediums like arts, crafts and sports
* QUEST also wants to create a well-functioning support system for teachers and parents as partners in the child's learning process
* QUEST selects and trains education functionaries who in turn train and provide regular support to teachers and headmasters on the Anandshala's approach
* Additional support is provided through experiential workshops, onsite support, an interactive telephone helpline and toolkits
* ARCs create scope for cross learning among teachers to facilitate sharing and adoption of different teaching methodologies