The Kendra is well known in the field of limb / joint replacement for handicapped people from the lower strata of society.
How It Works
• Hospitals and others in this field send beneficiaries to them.
• The fixing of the limb is done at the Kendra.
• Beneficiaries from out of town can stay for a day and the Kendra takes care of their boarding and lodging.
• The Kendra also organises camps for the same, where they first conduct measurements and then provide fittings.
• However, Give India donations are used specifically for the fittings done at the Kendra, where even the measurements are done there itself.
• A limb is customised for each person depending on his/her condition.
• A Below Knee replacement includes the Calf along with a Jaipur Foot and Ethoflex Padding and Belt.
• The Jaipur Foot is a combination of wood, pvc and high density rubber with a pink coating.
• The Kendra buys them in bulk in various sizes.
• The steel and aluminium rods are also purchased and stored at the Kendra.
• Depending on the need and size of the limb, the limb is customized and fitted using steel aluminum joints with rivets.
• The Ethoflex material is used for padding; a belt is provided to hold the limb to the waist.
• Training is provided to the patients after the limb is fixed.
• The limb is durable for a year and needs to be replaced if it breaks in between.
• In case of children, the limb needs frequent replacement, since they are constantly growing.
• The necessity of replacing limbs has come down in recent years as polio cases have reduced.
• But there is still a demand for these aids for diabetic people and accident cases.
• 5 – Number of hours required by the technician to fix a limb
• 23 – Number of years since the Kendra has been in this field
• 218 – Number of below knee limbs that were fixed in 2010-11
• 220 – Number of patients that were expected in 2011-12
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Prosthetic –Below Knee limb (Jaipur Foot,Padding and Belts, POP Bandage)||1500.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.