VISHWAS was started in 2005 by Ms.Neelam Jolly. Extensive work was carried out in Sohna block of Gurugram and the knowledge gained was converted to concepts of Inclusive practices. Our growth began in earnest as we moved into our first modest premises in Sushant Lok, Gurugram, in 2007. This gathered momentum when, in March 2009, we were allotted a vandalised and abandoned school building in Sector 46, Gurugram. The idea of working with children with disabilities came with its own challenges. Neelam Jolly spearheads VISHWAS and under her leadership VISHWAS is running four programmes – 1.VISHWAS Vidyalaya 2. Community based Programme 3. Skill development andTraining Programme 4. Research and Training Programme. VISHWAS Vidyalaya is a Haryana Education board recognized Elementary school with inclusive practices. The Vidyalaya serves close to 300 students including 17% children with disabilities.
Awards And Recognitions:
• Nina Sibal Memorial Award 2019 by AIWEFA (All India Women’s Education Fund Association)
• Certificate of Recognition of VISHWAS Vidyalaya, Unified School by Special Olympics Bharat, 2019
• Certificate of Appreciation by Sarthak Educational Trust for invaluable contribution in disability sector, 2018
• eNGO Challenge Award for enabling persons with disabilities, 2017
• Rotary Vocational Excellence award for Skill development amongst the differently abled, 2016