Cuddles Foundation provides holistic nutritional support to 35,000 underprivileged children fighting Cancer across India. They work with 22 government and charity cancer hospitals across 12 cities supporting them with nutritionists, food and supplements.
Nutritionists are the backbone of their service. Trained at the best institutes of the country, they are carefully chosen for their knowledge, empathy, and ability to work with children and survive in tough conditions. They are then trained in pediatric oncology by some of the best oncologists in the country at TATA Memorial Hospital.
A Cuddles nutritionist works to
- Assess a child’s malnourishment level and medical condition
- Create diet plans specific to their need and disease
- Aid them with nutritional supplements, food, monthly ration
- Monitor progress and alter food intake based on it
- Counsel moms / caregivers and educate them in home-based nutrition
Using a multi-pronged approach of nutritional counseling and diet planning, meal supplementation, ration baskets, and hot meals, they tackle a simple but ignored aspect of a child’s successful recovery from cancer.
Cuddles Foundation was recognized with the National Award for Child Welfare by the President of India in 2015-16.