Childhood cancer is mostly curable. But in India, with up to 40% of children with cancer being malnourished at diagnosis, survival is a problem. Cuddles Foundation is on a mission to change that with its FoodHeals Program. Here’s how:
• Provide trained nutritionists to government and charity cancer hospitals.
• Share food and supplements with patients and families.
• Support caregivers with the knowledge to make the right food choices.
Good Food Helps Medicine Work:
By sponsoring the FoodHeals program, you help children experience:
1. Lesser side-effects and treatment complications
2. Fewer breaks or delays in treatment
3. Improved chances for survival
4. Better immunity against infection
5. A feeling of being supported and cared for
Cuddles Foundation’s FoodHeals Program is customised to a child’s medical condition providing the right nutrition needed for the child to complete her treatment successfully. Here's how:
• Assess: Screening and assessing the nutritional status of every child seeking treatment for cancer in their partner hospitals
• Evaluate: Evaluating side-effects that may negatively impact her nutritional status
• Prescribe: Finalising the right nutrition therapy and prescribing a customised diet plan.
• Provide: Aiding and supporting the child and family by providing nutritional supplements, hot meals, in-meals, eggs, bananas and monthly ration baskets for a family of four.
• Monitor: Continuously monitoring her nutritional status and reassessing plans, if necessary.
• Support: Supporting patient families with the knowledge to make healthier food choices by organising parent support group meetings, videos and talks on the subject.