Protsahan conducts the Basic Information Technology(IT) course in collaboration with NIIT Foundation at Kamalini Vocational Training Centre for Women. The purpose is to provide students with knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, which is more attuned to meet the industrial and job market needs.
How It Works
• A survey is conducted to mark out urban villages consisting of a sizeable population below a certain income level, the number of young girls and women who are underprivileged and seem capable of learning and earning are chosen as potential beneficiaries.
• The beneficiaries identified are further screened on the basis of the economic status (family income versus the number of dependents) and the need to fill the gap.
• The students are made to undergo 42 sessions of typing to familiarize them with the keyboard and swift typing.
• This is followed by introduction to MS word, used to draft different documents such as letters, banners etc. following which, they are taught Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.
• In all the training modules, connections to life examples are used to ensure better understanding.
• The project is executed at various stages with people involved in promoting, taking charge of admissions, handling students training, administration and accounts.
• The senior coordinator looks into the effective functioning of the two training centres by handling the administration and accounts.
• At the end of the term, examinations are held and based on the results certificates are issued (joint certification by Kamalini and NIIT).
• The classes are held in batches - 16 batches in a year.
• Each batch has 8-10 students per batch and 1 instructor training them.
• The duration of the course is 3 months and the curriculum involves MS office, typing skills and Internet usage.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Repairs & Maintenance||240.00|
|Operational expenses (electricity, water, telephone, cleaning, academic coordination, etc.)||1370.00|
|NIIT – materials & certification||375.00|
|Administrative expenses (per unit)||730.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.