Protsahan provides training to underprivileged young girls and women in Cutting & Tailoring (Basic & Advance), Embroidery and Government Certification courses in C&T as per the guidelines given by the DGET (Directorate General of Education and Training) at Kamalini Vocational Training Centre for Women.
How It Works
• A survey is conducted to mark out urban villages consisting of a sizeable population below a certain income level.
• The women who are underprivileged and seem capable of learning and earning are chosen as potential beneficiaries.
• The beneficiaries identified are further screened on the basis of the economic status (family income versus the number of dependents) and the need to fill the gap.
• The duration for each course varies from 3-6 months depending on the level of skill being taught at any given point of time.
• At the end of the term, an examination is held to determine their knowledge and understanding of the programme and the skills being taught and their results are declared accordingly.
• The project is executed at various stages with people being involved in promoting, taking charge of admissions, handling student training, administration and accounts.
• Besides the ongoing training, short term sessions / life skill workshops are organized for the students to improvise their skills and upgrade their overall knowledge and understanding of various vocations.
• The classes are held in batches - 16 batches of 3 months course and 8 batches of 6 months course per year.
• Each batch consists of 8-10 students with one instructor training them.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Repairs & Maintenance||120.00|
|Operational expenses (electricity, water, telephone, cleaning, academic coordination, etc.)||1500.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.