Over the past 2 decades, Sanskriti Samvardhan Mandal is running a project in Soil and Water Conservation called 'Watershed Development Program’. The NGO has taken the responsibility to support and reconstruct the check dams.
How It Works
• Farmers who own land beside the dams are the beneficiaries.
• A team of volunteers from the NGO initially conducts surveys on old check dams in the villages and find out how many beneficiaries can be covered under a repaired check dam.
• The water from the check dam is supplied for irrigation in the agricultural land. This helps farmers to cultivate better yields and also helps replenish the water in their wells.
• The Government has constructed numerous check dams in rural areas long ago. However, those dams are now non-operational due to lack of maintenance.
• The Government has no provision to renovate and restore the dams.
• Restoring a dam can benefit at least 10 farmers and help to improve their livelihood.
• The NGO works in 16 villages of 2 blocks in Nanded district.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Site Clearance and Excavation||2300.00|
|Watering & Compacting & Filling of foundation||700.00|
|Construction of bund & Pitching||1500.00|
|Galvanized wire (Jali)||5200.00|
|Purchasing & Transportation of stone & kead||4200.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.