Aged agricultural labour in India is among the worst-off in terms of employment and resources for nutrition. Employment is very difficult to come by, and when it does, it often results in very poor pay. Coupled with irregularity and the need to support a family, they are forced to beg or take exploitative loans. Shramik Bharti is seeking to improve conditions for such people through the establishment of grain banks. These have been welcomed in the community, especially by destitute elderly, women-headed families and landless households; now more villages want them.
• The donation will provide fresh grain banks to the poor villagers.
• These grain banks are managed by women’s self-help groups (SHGs).
• The banks provide grains on credit at the time of need.
• The loan is returned at the time of harvest, in the form of grain, with 25% interest on the original quantity.
• Poor families in the village, who do not have sufficient food grains to sustain their family all through the year, can thus borrow and return, as required.
• There will be no income generated out of this activity but replenishing the grains will help sustain it for years.
• 12 – number of Grain Banks established so far by Shramik Bharti in the villages of Akabarpur block of Kanpur Dehat.
• 5 – the maximum number of families each bank supports.
• 2 – the number of members accountable for each grain bank.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|500 kilo capacity Tank||2000.00|
|500 kilos of Wheat||7000.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.