Drishti was established in 1995 for educating visually challenged girls in the town of Karwi at the district of Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh. Chitrakoot district is an economically backward area in Uttar Pradesh, and there were no schools till then for visually challenged girls in the town of Karwi. Presently Drishti provides education for these children up to the intermediate level with residential facilities at no cost.
How It Works
• Training in music and other cultural activities is provided to these girls, thereby recognizing their talent in singing.
• There are quite a few full time teachers who impart the best education for these girls.
• These children are taken for exposure visits and workshops are conducted for the development and bright future of these visually challenged girls.
• In addition, Entrepreneurship Training Programme, and Home Management Skills Training Programme are conducted at the training centre.
• Braille books, Braille slates and kit are used by the students for reading and writing.
• 11 months – Duration of the academic period
• 12 – Number of full time teachers
• 72 – Number of visually challenged girls who are provided education
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|2 sets of Uniforms||490.00|
|Celebrating Independence day, Republic day, public festivals & Louis Braille birthday||1010.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.