Foundation for Initiatives in Development and Education for All (IDEA) was instituted in Pune with a vision to make education more accessible and widespread in the underprivileged children. Born as a result of a need to improve the situation and reduce the number of school dropouts amongst underprivileged children, IDEA has grown by leaps and bounds since its inception.
Many parents, despite being poor and/ or poorly educated are determined to provide their children with a good education. They enroll them in private schools even though the fees are higher. However additional expenses like admission fee, exam fee, computer fee, cost of uniform, school stationery hit them hard. Very often unless outside help is given the child may become a school drop- out. However IDEA insists on a contribution from the parents therefore they do not sponsor the entire education cost of the children.
How It Works
• IDEA gets request from poor parents and referrals from school teachers for sponsorship support for these children to continue their education.
• IDEA also keeps a close watch in their project area to identify such potential dropouts.
• Once the child is under the sponsorship programme, IDEA continues the support until the child completes education or the financial status of the family has improved.
• However, to ensure that parents maintain responsibility, IDEA provides only partial support, the remaining is borne by the parents.
• Most of the benefits like school materials are provided at the beginning of the academic year.
• The parents pay school and coaching class fees upfront.
• IDEA reimburses this amount, via cheque, within a month of receiving the receipt for the same.
• The social worker monitors the progress of the child and organizes various programmes like life skill sessions, camps, competitions, exposure visits, study skill/ development workshops etc. for children throughout the year.
• A civil dress is provided before Diwali and fee reimbursement is done as and when IDEA gets the fee receipts from beneficiaries.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|School Supplies/ school bag/ uniform or civil dress)||1000.00|
|School Fees/ tuition class fees||1500.00|
|Co- curricular activities||500.00|
|Social Workers Salary||1500.00|
|Administration& feedback cost||500.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.