Sabuj Sangha runs a residential school for 50 children for boys in the South 24 Parganas district of West Bengal. The purpose of the residential center is to provide education to children while ensuring they have a safe, fun and enjoyable environment to grow-up into responsible citizens of the country.
How It Works
• The majority of children are first generation learners who have previously dropped out of school or have never gone to school.
• In addition to this, some of the children are child laborers who work and live in very poor conditions.
• The NGO is supported by Ministry of Labour, Govt. of India only for the remuneration of teachers and food for the children.
• The centre ensures two meals per day for all the children.
• They are residents of the school and do not go to an outside school.
• After completing their basic education and have reached the age of 16 years, they go to Government-run schools for continuation of their higher education.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Stationary and toiletry items||25.00|
|Two meals a day||1290.00|
|Admin and feedback cost||35.00|
|Honorarium for cook hired on need||45.00|
|Honorarium for 2 teachers||270.00|
|Honorarium for superintendent||100.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.