Seva Mandir has set up pre-schools for children with working mothers in areas where Government Anganwadis are a distance away (at least 1.5 to 2 kilometers away).
How It Works
• There is great demand for such intervention in places where there are 25 -30 children in the age group 1-5 years.
• Based on demand, the community is asked to do a baseline survey of children in the age group 1-5 years, which is then verified by Seva Mandir’s staff.
• Thereafter, Seva Mandir conducts a community meeting, wherein, a detailed discussion is held on how a pre-school centre functions, what are the roles and responsibilities of the community etc.
• Based on the above process, Seva Mandir decides to open a pre-school centre in the area.
• The location of a Balwadi and selection of Sanchalika (pre-school teacher) is jointly done by the community and Seva Mandir.
• The parents in the Balwadi have to pay a token fee of Rs 100/- per year for the services rendered in the Balwadi.
• The idea of charging a token amount is to help parents understand the importance of sending children to the pre-school and also become accountable.
• Other initiatives like payment of Sanchalikas, capacity building, provision of nutrition, medicines, educational material and other material are undertaken by Seva Mandir.
• Parents also contribute in kind like fuel, wheat etc for supplementary nutrition and help in washing utensils, mats and toys etc
• The sanchalikas provide special care and attention to the weak children The Statistics
• 179 full day Balwadis are running effectively across 152 villages, reaching out to 4632 children.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Sanchalika (Balwadi teacher) honorarium for a fortnight||2250.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.