Abhoy Mission was founded in 2001 with the aim of providing shelter for orphans with special needs. There are Homes in different districts of Tripura including Gakulnagar, Bishalgarh Block and Sepahinjala District.
How it works
• Most of the children are assessed by the authorities of the Homes. However, a few of them are sent by Government agencies.
• If the authorities are successful in locating the parents of the children, they are sent back home. Or else, they continue to stay in the Homes.
• The authorities of the Homes are dedicated in providing adequate care and shelter to orphans with special needs.
• Hence, the children continue to remain with them from the day of admission till the day they are able to take care of themselves or till 18 years of age.
• All the required materials for the Homes are bought in bulk on a regular basis.
• Some amount of funds is taken care of by the National Trust. However, it is not sufficient to cover the entire expenses of the Homes.
• 6 to 18 years – Age group of the children residing in the Homes.
• 25 – Total number of children currently residing in the Homes.
• 30 – Number of children that can be accommodated in the Homes.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Groceries/Milk/ Vegetables & Meat/ Fuel||600.00|
|Medical & toiletries||90.00|
|Salaries of cook & attendant||100.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.