Charutar Arogya Mandal (CAM) is an NGO based out of the district of Anand in the state of Gujarat, India.
How It Works
• This donation is for a woman who has had a complicated delivery procedure requiring blood transfusion at the Gynaecology department at CAM.
• When the family of the patient approaches CAM for medical treatment, they are first interviewed by the doctor who then refers the case to the Patient Support Group (PSG).
• PSG comprises of two units namely a) Concession and b) Fundraising.
• The Concession Unit does a background check on the patient's family, analyzes their socio-economic condition, undertakes a home visit (if required), interviews neighbours and accordingly prepares a report recommending fundraising which is forwarded to the CAM management.
• The Fundraising Unit develops the patient's profile, prepares an appeal to be published in the local media, to be posted on the internet and to be put up at different hospital corners.
• This strategy is adopted if the treatment cost is more than Rs.1 lakh.
• If the treatment cost is less than Rs.1 lakh, the patient is treated at subsidized rates jointly funded by the patient's family and CAM.
• Once admitted, the doctor at CAM monitors the patient's treatment and progress. • CAM maintains regular contact with the beneficiary s family through home visits and phone calls.
• The Fundraising Unit keeps a track of funds raised for respective beneficiaries and ensures that funds are utilized properly.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Towards fund to pay for complicated deliveries requiring blood transfusion||10000.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.