Charutar Arogya Mandal (CAM), an NGO based out of the district of Anand in the state of Gujarat, runs a neonatal care programme for babies born underweight.
How It Works
• Parents of such children who approach CAM for the child's treatment are first interviewed by the doctor who then refers the case to the Patient Support Group (PSG).
• PSG comprises of two units namely a) Concession and b) Fundraising.
• The Concession Unit does a background check of the parent, analyzes their socio-economic condition, undertakes a home visit (if required), interviews neighbours and accordingly prepares a report recommending fundraising which is forwarded to the CAM management.
• The Fundraising Unit develops the child's profile, prepares an appeal to be published in local media, to be posted on the internet and to be put up at different hospital corners.
• This strategy is adopted if the treatment cost is more than Rs.1 lakh.
• If the treatment cost is less than Rs.1 lakh, the child is treated at subsidized rates jointly funded by the parent and CAM.
• Once admitted, the doctor at CAM monitors the child's treatment and progress. CAM maintains regular contact with the beneficiary s family through home visits and phone calls.
• The Fundraising Unit keeps a track of funds raised for respective beneficiaries and ensures that funds are utilized properly.
• Rs. 4,250 – Monthly income threshold for regular patients
• Rs. 15,000 – Monthly income threshold for terminally ill patients
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Contributing to a fund to sponsor intensive care for low weight babies||10000.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.