Ashray Akruti works in the field of education of the hearing impaired. The NGO runs a programme for hearing impaired children in Hyderabad
How It Works
• The beneficiaries are identified through medical camps, referral by doctors or through the organization's website and articles in newspapers.
• A team of qualified staff cater to the special needs of the hearing impaired children.
• Students are taught through oral aural method of teaching, which combines speech, use of residual hearing and speech reading.
• The child is trained to use his/her hearing and develop expressive speech.
• Regular state syllabus is followed along with speech therapy and auditory training.
• Students from outside Hyderabad are provided residential facilities with wardens, caretakers and cooks to take utmost care (a bus is provided for transport between the school and the hostel).
• Transportation costs for these children will be covered by this donation option.
• 60 – Number of students covered in this programme
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Vehicle Maintenance Cost||295.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.