This programme is implemented through day care and night shelters. El Shaddai s field workers conduct regular visits to the neighboring slum areas. They identify children in need of educational assistance.
These children are assisted in admission to nearby schools. They come to the centre where they are provided with a one time nutritious meal and tuition facilities. 8am to 6pm. They remain for approximately ten hours. We have 3 shelters and a total of approximately 325 children. Some children who have no shelter come and stay temporarily in the shelters. In process of time they are admitted to residential children's Homes or repatriated to their families. There are residential staff in our day care centres to take care of them. Overview
El Shaddai Charitable Trust (ESCT) runs residential homes for needy orphans, destitutes and children at risk. They are currently running three shelter Homes in Goa.
How It Works
• El Shaddai’s field workers conduct regular visits to the neighbouring slum areas and identify children in need of educational assistance.
• These children are provided help in seeking admission to nearby schools.
• They also come to the centre where they are provided with a one-time nutritious meal and tuition facilities. Tuitions are provided from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on a daily basis.
• Some children who have no shelter come and stay temporarily in the shelter Homes. In due course of time, they are either admitted to residential children's Homes or sent back to their families.
• There are residential staff in the day care centres to take care of these children.
• 3 – Number of shelter Homes run by El Shaddai
• 10 – Number of hours spent by the children at the Homes
• 325 – Total number of children at the shelter Homes
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Note books and stationery||280.00|
|Follow-up and monitoring||1080.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.