Charutar Arogya Mandal (CAM) is an NGO based out of the district of Anand in the state of Gujarat. CAM manages Shree Krishna Hospital, which is one of the largest and well equipped general hospitals in Gujarat.
How It Works
• Through many of its special programmes, the hospital attempts to provide services to the economically challenged at subsidized rates.
• It does not charge for out-door consultation and registration and the General Wards are available free of cost, with meals provided free of charge.
• CAM has observed that many donors prefer to make lumpsum donations in memory of their loved ones.
• For such donors, CAM has been running a “Bhojan Data Scheme.”
• The scheme operates in two ways. 1. One could pay a certain amount of money, and CAM would ensure that all the in-patients of the hospital receive their meals free-of-cost on a day chosen by the donor.
CAM would highlight such contributions by placing notices at strategic locations.
2. Alternatively, the donor could contribute a higher amount of money and tell CAM which day of the year s/he would like to dedicate to his/her loved one.
CAM would then provide free meals on the chosen day each year in the same manner as described above.
Needless to say, once a day has been dedicated for a particular person, it would then be blocked forever.
• 300 – Number of remaining days in a year for which this scheme can be availed
• 500 – Number of beds for general category patients who come from an economically challenged background
• 550 – Total number of beds in the hospital
• 25,000 – Donation amount which would be used to provide free meals to the patients on a particular day each year
• 50,000 – Donation amount which would be used to provide free meals to the patients on a particular day each year
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Cost of 2 meals for 40 patients||5700.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.