SAATH (Initiatives for Equity in Development) has facilitated participatory processes that improve the quality of life for the urban and rural poor since 1989. Its single-stop, integrated services reach over 100,000 slum dwellers and youth in Ahmedabad, and many more in Gujarat and Rajasthan.
How It Works
• One of their programmes Udaan trains young adults from economically weak backgrounds to assimilate them into the competitive job market.
• Training includes Basic English, Computer & Life Skills, training to work in Beauty Parlours, IT-Enabled Services, Desktop Publications, Nursing- Bedside Patient Assistance, Call Centre (BPO), Customer Relation in Sales, Retail, Computer Hardware, and Tally Accounts.
• Trainees need to complete 300 hours in total with 4 hours a day.
• SAATH also does a follow-up with trainees, 6 months after they complete the course.
• The project gets part grants from different donors and the participants also contribute Rs. 1000/- for the 3-month training programme.
• This donation will be used to refund participants contribution as well as finance a part of the project cost. The Statistics
• There are nine training centres run by SAATH all over Gujarat and eight in Rajasthan.
• The trainees are between the ages of 18-35 years.
• They have trained over 7,000 students.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.