Blind People's Association (BPA) is a professional organization which believes in providing equal opportunities to all categories of people with disabilities. Consistent with the philosophy, it works for providing education, employment opportunities, equal rights and quality life for them.
How It Works
• The BPA has educational programmes from primary level to secondary level and further Diploma level programmes for several blind people.
• All these people stay in the campus.
• There are separate hostels for boys and girls.
• These people come from a very poor background.
• All education including tuition fees, training in Braille, audio material, stay and food are provided free of cost.
• All the students are given nutritious and balanced meals to compensate for their nutritional deficiencies.
• The NGO staff realize that parents who are migrant labourers or landless farmers send their children to these hostels, so that the child gets shelter, food, medicine and a loving environment.
• Food from weddings or parties is never accepted in donation, as it is not respectful to serve such food and its quality is not guaranteed.
• Food menus are carefully prepared to accommodate the needs and interests of these children.
• All grains like wheat, rice and other consumables are purchased directly from the supplier and come from good quality brands.
• 240 – Number of blind people at the campus
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.