Water conservation is one of the many areas that Manuvikasa focuses on. With the assistance of local experts, the NGO builds 4 water tanks per village within a span of 2 weeks. The farmers themselves choose the location of these water tanks.
How It Works
• A survey is conducted and poor farmers with minimal income are identified. • An appropriate site for rejuvenation or construction is selected during initial discussions.
• Drilling machines are used for one day, post which Manuvikasa’ s staff and/or volunteers complete the work through manual labor.
• First, 2-3 labourers de-weed and clean the site.
• Then, the water supply feeding channels (one for input and the other for output) are cleared.
• Both activities take approximately 5 days. After this, the bunds are strengthened using locally available rub stones.
• For rejuvenation, the silt clogging the tank is removed. Rejuvenation takes a month, as the soil also needs to be dried.
• The effort, time and cost needed for rejuvenation and construction are same.
• Therefore they are assured of a crop, which translates into guaranteed income.
• It takes approximately one week to complete the construction.
• Each structure lasts for more than 10 years, needs no maintenance, and benefits 4-5 farmer families.
• The NGO conducted a survey and have identified 60 poor with an income of less than Rs. 1000/- per month to receive this service.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|1 day rental charges of JCB machine||7500.00|
|Supervision work by local volunteers||1000.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.