Blind People's Association (BPA) is a professional organization which believes in providing equal opportunities to all categories of people with disabilities. Consistent with the philosophy, it works for providing education, employment opportunities, equal rights and quality life for them.
How It Works
• The members of BPA distribute free aids and appliances i.e. tricycles, calipers, crutches, wheel-chairs etc. to poor and needy disabled individuals with the support of donors and well wishers.
• Under this category of aid and appliances, only the tricycle donation option has been included on the Give India website.
• Earlier, the grants were received from Government of Gujarat, so the organization required a reduced amount for donation.
• Now, they are not getting any grant for the aid and appliances.
• Hence, they have requested the entire cost of the tricycle as donation.
• The process consists of arranging a camp for distribution of aids and appliances after identifying the beneficiaries through a survey.
• They will give the tricycle to needy disabled people, once they receive the donation from donors and well-wishers.
• 35 – Number of beneficiaries who come to BPA every month for tricycles
• 300 – Number of beneficiaries in the waiting list
• Rs. 1,900 – Subsidized amount for donation when grants were available
• Rs 6000 – Cost of one tricycle
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.