The Navalbhai and Hiraba Eye Hospital, has been setup by the BPA, in January 2003, in collaboration with the Bareja General Hospital Trust. This Hospital is located twenty-five kilometres away from Ahmedabad, towards Kheda, at Bareja Village besides NH-8, and provides comprehensive eye care services to people with eye problems, in several villages around Bareja.
How It Works
• The hospital has received a good response from the rural general community around Bareja because of the quality of service provided by the dedicated hospital team.
• People from rural communities who can’t spend a single penny for their health issues have been covered by the hospital through its community based programme.
• The hospital has the following departments: Eye, General checkup, Physiotherapy unit, and Pathology laboratory
• The hospital was established in January 2003 as single story building.
• This Hospital has physicians, surgeons, orthopaedics, eye surgeons, physiotherapy and ENT departments in its name.
• The hospital conducts screening camps in villages around Bareja to find out how many people have eye problems.
• These camps are conducted in the local village schools or Panchayat Offices and the community is involved in the organisation of these camps.
• Those with operable/surgical problems are immediately taken in the hospital bus along with a relative to the hospital.
• The operation takes place the next day.
• All surgical expenses, medicines, glasses and meals are provided totally free of charge.
• There is no other hidden cost for consultation or anesthesia.
• 2 blocks – Number of blocks in the hospital – outdoor and indoor
• 2 – Number of fully air conditioned operation theatres in the hospital
• 4 – Number of meals provided to the patients and their relative from the time of admission till their discharge
• 49 – Number of employees in the hospital including doctors and nursing staff
• 100 – Number of beds to serve the indoor patients
• 300 – Number of patients who visit the hospital on a daily basis
• 500 – Number of villages that are covered by the hospital
• 3 lakhs – Number of patients at the hospital who are served annually
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Cost of Surgery (Doctor remuneration and transportation charge)||400.00|
|Cost of Lens||300.00|
|Cost of Sutures and other consumables||300.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.