Blind People's Association (BPA) is a professional organization which believes in providing equal opportunities to all categories of people with disabilities. Consistent with the philosophy, it works for providing education, employment opportunities, equal rights and quality life for them.
How It Works
• BPA has several training programmes – weaving, tailoring, computer programming and hair/skin care.
• Poor/blind and disabled girls from rural areas are admitted into these programmes, where they stay in the hostel.
• They are provided with lunch and dinner as per Gujarati traditions at the BPA dining hall.
• The meals, bed linen and all other such amenities are provided free of cost.
• The hostel has blind and disabled women, who are pursuing education right from school to post graduate level.
• The girls are from different parts of Gujarat, and come to stay in the hostel to complete their education.
• They find this hostel very safe.
• Most of the girls are from very poor families, and are interested to become economically independent at the earliest.
• Education is a continuous process.
• Many girls may do college education and then join one of the courses or vice versa.
• New girls are also admitted to these various courses each year.
• They also have girls who are studying in normal schools but stay in the hostel.
• 1 year – Duration of the Computer Programming Course and the Hair and Skin Care Course.
• 2 years – Duration of the Post Graduate Course
• 3 years – Duration of the Under Graduate Course and Physiotherapy Course
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Lunch & Dinner for 240||4800.00|
|Administration & overheads (including cooking gas)||300.00|
|Govt. Subsidies Rs. 20 per child per day||0.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.