Voluntary Health Association of Tripura (VHAT) has completed another year of its journey towards the promotion of health and environment status, primary education, empowerment of the downtrodden, gender equity and promotion of care and support for the children in need. VHAT runs an eye hospital in the outskirts of Agartala city.
How It Works
• This Eye Hospital organizes free screening camps through field staff and volunteers in rural areas in and around Agartala.
• With the help of the local Panchayats news of the camps is spread.
• The hospital staff identify cataract patients for the surgery.
• The patients are brought to the hospital in Agartala.
• VHAT first conducts some basic tests of urine and blood.
• Some patients undergo an ECG.
• Post surgery the patient usually stays in the hospital for a night.
• Food, medicines and care are provided to each patient and they are ferried back home the next day.
• 2 – Number of camps usually held in a week
• 15 – Number of beds in the eye hospital
• 200 kms. – Distance between the rural areas and the hospital
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Pre and post operative medicines for one patient||1285.00|
|Subsidized food for two days||70.00|
|Travel cost for 4 trips to and fro during surgery & 1st follow up||425.00|
|Some patients contribute between 30 and 200||0.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.