Samarthanam Trust runs an initiative to provide free hostel facilities for the disabled and underprivileged (especially young girls) from Bangalore as well as far-flung, impoverished rural areas in Karnataka and neighbouring states.
How It Works
• Secure shelter is provided along with vigilant supervision, hygienic and nutritious food and safe transportation.
• Volunteers from various corporates provide training in regular course study and extra-curricular activities to ensure holistic development (includes recorded course material for visually impaired).
• Individual care is given to the children.
• 1 – Number of hostels in HSR Layout
• 2 – Number of hostels in JP Nagar
• 2 – Number of teachers who have been currently appointed to train these students
• 31 – Total number of students residing in the hostels
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Food expenses per student per month||1000.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.