Chaithanya Educational and Rural Development Society (CERDS) is an NGO based out of Guntur, in Andhra Pradesh, India. This programme was started in 2010-11. The primary objective of this programme is to ensure accessibility of drinking water facilities to all the target families belonging to disadvantaged sections of society.
How It Works
• The people belonging to scheduled tribes, mainly fisher folk live in small habitations along the sea- coast.
• These are remote areas with virtually no infrastructure.
• During a baseline survey in 2007 CERDS found that families struggle to find drinking water.
• Women & children spend 3-4 hours daily trying to find water in the sandy soil.
• Beneficiaries are selected through various methods - identification of the target families during field visits, enquiring with the local community, personal verification of the beneficiaries as well as the location for installing the bore well and collecting data of the families' socio-economical conditions.
• CERDS purchases equipment for 5-6 bore wells at a time. This brings down the cost of transportation and they get the equipment at a better price.
• The material & labour is transported to the village from the nearest town (Chirala/Vetapalam/Nizampatnam/Naguluppalapadu).
• A meeting is held with local elders/ Panchayat representatives and the beneficiaries to select the location to initiate the activity and to ensure participation of the community in completing the activity. •
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Mark-II Hand Pump-set including pipes & fittings||3250.00|
|Labour cost for drilling bore well & Construct Platform||1500.00|
|Sand/2 bags of Cement/100 Bricks||900.00|
|Material Transportation Costs||150.00|
|Administrative cost (staff travel, follow-up, monitoring)||200.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.