Tropical Research & Development Centre’s (TRDC) Paryavaran project, which is run in the Western Ghats (Uttara Kannada, Chikkamagalur and Mysore Districts intends to address the issues of climate change by working in collaboration with local farmers. This is done through regeneration, enrichment of plants in deforested areas, promotion of eco-friendly boiling water chulas, enhancement and restoration of wetlands/ water resources, and conservation of wildlife.
How It Works
• Rainwater harvesting pits contribute to resolving water shortages in catchment areas of Varada river basin.
• TRDC’s volunteers initiate discussions with the local communities on the same.
• The pits fill 5 – 20 times during the rainy season.
• This enhances the moisture in the soil and results in enhanced vegetative cover and ground water levels.
• The pits will also delay the water run off on high slopes and increase water table level and reduce flood impact.
• In the year 2013-14, 1330 rainwater harvesting pits were developed in 3 villages.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Labour/digging charges per unit of ten pits either with manual labour or with mechnical device like JCB.||1000.00|
|Admin and Feedback Reporting Cost||100.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.