Established in 1959, Sanskriti Samvardhan Mandal (SSM) is a village based voluntary organization in Sagroli District, Nanded, Maharashtra. Their aim is to educate and empower deprived rural people. In 2005, they launched a project called Sagroli Sunrise. Sagroli Sunrise is a carefully designed sports project with specific objectives. It was realized that the strength and commitment of rural youth is far more competitive than their urban counterparts. Rural youth could bring laurels to the nation in sports if they receive the support to do so.
How It Works
• These children study in schools run by SSM.
• They are selected through a physical test conducted by SSM’s team.
• They are trained by a special coach (only running) and participate in various marathon events including the Mumbai marathon.
• These children stay on campus and undergo a workout every morning & evening.
• They are also provided a special high-protein diet.
• The children are aged 9-18 years. Some of them continue to be supported through a free vocational training and continued sports training up to the age of 25 years.
• There are 36 children in the programme at present.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|High protein diet per day||2690.00|
|Apportioned salary of Coach||580.00|
|Contribution to purchase track Suit shoes & socks||380.00|
|Remaining contribution by other donors||0.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.