Udayan Care’s Ghars are based on the group foster care model. Udayan Ghars are located in busy, urban neighbourhoods with children studying in good, English-medium schools. These Ghars were built with the aim of enabling children to re-integrate themselves and grow as responsible citizens.
A well-researched mental health programme helps them overcome their initial trauma. The essence of the model is to recreate the warmth and security of a home and family for children who do not have biological families. This quality is significantly missing in typical institutional care homes for orphan children in India. Udayan Care accomplishes this goal by engaging civil society and working with a team of caring adults who contribute to each child's development, on multiple levels.
How It Works
• Support from individuals, professionals - lawyers, doctors, artists - and the corporate fraternity helps ensure children their right to a joyful, healthy childhood, so that they can tap their full potential.
• Each unit of Udayan Ghar has a band of volunteers - lifetime committed members - who ensure that the programme is run smoothly, within the policies and procedures laid down by Udayan Care Trust.
• All children in the homes follow a schedule that provides structure and regularity to their lives, while serving as a therapeutic intervention at the same time.
• In addition to the daily routines, like attending school, doing homework, participating in household chores etc., children in the Ghars regularly attend educational - recreational workshops.
• Conscious efforts are made so that all the children in the Ghars come together to participate in seasonal camps that offer sports, games, songs and create a sense of belonging through unity.
• The children enjoy celebrations of birthdays and holidays as well.
• 6 to 14 years – Age group of children in each Ghar unit
• 12 to 14 – Number of children in each Ghar unit
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|School tuiton fees , books and periodicals||1006.00|
|Capacity Building through educational and recreational camps and celebrating festivals||436.00|
|Maintenance of Home||960.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.