Unnati, an initiative from SGBS Trust, is a free vocational training program aimed at enabling and empowering youngsters from families below the poverty line. Unnati's motto, "learn, earn, stand tall" is aimed not only to enable the underprivileged sector of the society to become "employable" and engage in a gainful job, but also to transform them in to responsible citizens for the country.
How It Works
• This 70- day program equips unemployed youth (18 years & above) with vocational skills and life-skills and ensures employment with reputed organizations at the end of the training program.
• The program not only trains them in their vocation but also works on their English communication skills, life skills and computer literacy.
• Special attention is given to inculcate personal and community values in the youth.
• The aim is also to bring in dignity of labor and gain self-respect.
• Unnati has partnered with like-minded NGOs at Mysore, Sirsi, Pune, Ulhasnagar and Ahmedabad.
• These centres have also been able to provide 100% placements to the youths post training. • Candidates are interviewed and counseled; based on their aptitude and interest, a vocation is selected.
• The entire program is provided free of cost including training, lodging, food and transportation.
• Unnati students secure a job at the end of the 70 -day training program with a minimum average starting pay of Rs.6, 000 per month.
• Through its Vision 2020, Unnati will touch the lives of 1 million youth across India and help them and their families cross the poverty line by pursuing a career.
• Around 70% of the students undergoing vocational training at Unnati are outstation students.
• Three houses have been taken on rent to accommodate these students. Of the three houses, one is for boys, the other two for girls.
• Headquartered in Bangalore in a 22,000 sqft state-of-the-art facility, Unnati has impacted the lives of more than 1,500 youth till date.
• Currently, the training is offered in 9 chosen vocations namely retail sales, field sales, guest care (hotels), guest care (offices), industrial tailoring, Industrial painting, data entry (for BPO), security services and car driving.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Girls Hostel rent for a week||6000.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.