Ma Foi Foundation works with a number of Municipal & Corporation schools in Chennai and in a couple of districts of Tamil Nadu. Children in the Sports Academy are selected through tournaments (football) or school meets (boxing) are are interested in making a career through sports. The child must be between 10-14 years at time of selection and normally is in the programme till he/she completes college (provided they continue to perform). Ma Foi trains children who want to make sports their career. Children are kept in observation for six months after selection and then inducted fully into the programme.
How It Works
• They are selected through tournaments (football) or school meets (athletics/boxing).
• The child must be of high school age at the time of selection and normally is in the programme till he/she completes college (provided they continue to perform).
• They help in training the children who want to make sports their career.
• Children are kept in observation for a few months after selection and then inducted fully into the programme.
• The training is conducted at Nehru Stadium in Chennai & at a local school (for football).
• Except for football which is on Friday/Saturday/Sunday, the remaining programmes happen every morning for from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
• This is conducted throughout the year.
• The children also attend a residential camp during the year.
• They provide them supplementary nutrition during the morning sessions & all meals during the camps.
• All children are provided with a kit (t shirt/sports shoes/track pants etc).
• Apart from this, they are given boxing gloves etc. as per the sport they are being trained for.
• 2 hours – Duration of the training programmes
• 10 days – Duration of the residential camp
• 10-14 years –Age-group of the children at the time of selection
• 15-20 – Number of training sessions per month
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.