Nav Bharat Jagriti Kendra runs a programme that is aimed at enabling poor people regain their eye sight by undergoing free cataract surgery at the Nav Bharat Jagriti Kendra Hospital.
How It Works
• The medical camp organizer identifies suitable campsites, in highly remote villages across the state of Jharkhand.
• Once the camp is chosen, announcements are made to advertise the camp.
• The optometrist does a preliminary examination to identify people with cataract who are eligible to undergo surgery.
• The patients who are selected undergo further tests to check other parameters like blood sugar, blood pressure etc.
• If all the tests give optimal results, they go ahead with the cataract surgery using SICS method.
• Post –op patients are kept overnight in the general ward of the hospital for observation.
• The patients are discharged the following day after a thorough evaluation by the ophthalmologist.
• Patients are given the follow-up appointment before processing them out.
• Patients are provided with the post-op medication and black goggles.
• Patients are reviewed after one week and then again after one month.
• Two hospitals in Chouparan and Dumka serve 3500+ people from 7 districts of Jharkhand and Bihar.
• 378 cataract surgeries were performed in 2014-15
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Food For Patient||100.00|
|Lens, Consumable and Spectacle Cost||475.00|
|Doctor Cost and Staff Salary||1350.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.