Raphael was founded in April, 1959. The NGO is located at Dehra Dun, in Uttarakhand. The organization offers its services in various areas for the relief of suffering. Raphael has been successfully running a hospital for patients with tuberculosis for the past 40 years.
How It Works
• The hospital has an Out Patient Department (OPD) for the treatment of those living below the poverty line.
• It also has a laboratory where sputum is tested, along with chest X-ray and a few other tests for diagnosis.
• Symptomatic patients who visit Raphael TB Hospital are first diagnosed and if the test is positive, treatment is provided following the Directly Observed Therapy in line with the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Policy (RNTCP).
• Patients needing hospitalization are admitted into the hospital for a few weeks and post discharge, they are treated as outpatients.
• The entire treatment and nutritious diet is provided free of cost to the patients.
• 2-4 weeks – Duration of time for which hospitalized patients are kept at the hospital
• 26 – Total number of beds at the hospital
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Fund for treatment of TB patients for salaries/food/consumables/therapy/admin||5000.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.