The extremely bad condition of health and sanitation is common knowledge. But it is rapidly becoming a major cause for concern in many parts of the country, even more so in flood affected regions. This has become a focal point due to the significant rise in life threatening diseases. Amongst its many endeavors, Janakalyan has taken the initiative to help improve the state of sanitation in ten flood-affected villages.
How It Works
Janakalyan understands the importance and the sense of urgency that such causes warrant. Hence a group of people from the staff has taken charge of this cause and has been working vigorously towards our goal.
• Members of the staff personally visit the village.
• They interact with the families, and village representatives to assess the status of the prospective beneficiaries.
• Based on the information gathered, families best suited to receive the hygiene kit are identified and short-listed.
• Families that are selected are given a token and asked to collect their hygiene kits on designated dates.
• Meanwhile, the administrative staff at Aapna Janakalyan buys the hygiene packages and prepares them for distribution.
• The packages are brought to the villages on the designated days and distributed to families that were issued the token.
• Each family receives only one kit.
We believe that improving the state of health and sanitation in all parts of the country is a critical step towards ensuring a healthy society. Every family or village that we help takes us one step closer to our goal of a clean and healthy India.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|10 Bathing & 10 dish soaps, scrubber, cleaning tools, 5 kg detergent, 2 mugs and 2 buckets||550.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.