Spurthi Mahila Mandal (Bijapur) noticed numerous cases of invalid and aged elderly persons being ill-treated by their families. This motivated them to start providing care and support for elderly, in the areas in which they work. Spurthi aims to give them a dignified life.
How It Works
• The beneficiaries are 65 years and above and have been thrown out of their homes by their families.
• The beneficiaries are identified through Self Help Groups.
• In fact, in a few cases, family members have taken them back after Spurthi stepped in.
• Despite being back at home, these elderly continue to be deprived of basic necessities like toilets and bathing facilities.
• Spurthi has therefore made arrangements for stay and daily bath for all these elderly.
• They also prepare food for them at their centre, which is then distributed by volunteers at their place of residence.
• Spurthi’s team also escorts them to the temple once in 15 days and for a check up to the doctor once a month.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Expenses on food||2100.00|
|Salary of cook and helper and vounteer’s honorarium||380.00|
|Monthly visit to doctor/medicines||170.00|
|Administration and entertainment costs||50.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.