The Maria Seva Sangha (M.S.S.) is a non-profit organization in Bangalore that was established in 1981. The organization’s mission is, “to reach out to deserving, underprivileged persons - irrespective of class, religion or community, so as to improve their self-image and quality of life.” M.S.S. is fulfilling this mission by sponsoring food for several children across different schools in Bangalore.
How It Works
• Hot, freshly-cooked food is provided to poor, undernourished children on school days through the academic year with the intention of getting children off the streets and into the classroom.
• Food is cooked at the school premises itself.
• The school pays for a cook. Two teachers are in charge of seeing to it that the children receive the meals.
• Maria Seva Sangha reimburses the schools every month after scrutinizing the expenses laid out on the bills submitted by the schools.
• Maria Seva Sangha randomly monitors the cleanliness and nutritional quality of the food, along with keeping track of the overall health of the children.
• They have witnessed a marked improvement in the children’s general health as well as improvement in attendance.
• 11 – Number of schools where food is sponsored by M.S.S.
• 250 – Number of days for which food is sponsored by M.S.S.
• 1,416 – Number of children that M.S.S. reaches out to
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Mid day meals for a year for a poor child including admin costs||1000.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.