Tamil Nadu Kidney Register (TANKER) Foundation is a NGO based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. TANKER was founded in 1993 and aims to subsidize dialysis and give financial assistance for transplantation, medication and investigation costs to the underprivileged with kidney disease.
All patients with kidney disease requiring dialysis need to undergo a fistula surgery. This is a surgically modified blood vessel created by connecting an artery to a vein. The fistula is usually created in the wrist and upper arm. Creating a fistula by joining a vein and an artery together makes the blood vessel larger and stronger. This makes it easier to transfer blood into the dialysis machine and back again.
How It Works
• A patient requiring a fistula surgery approaches TANKER with a recommendation letter from the concerned doctor.
• TANKER then ascertains the patient's financial position based on the ration card and income certificate provided by the patient.
• Once the eligibility of the patient for financial assistance is confirmed, TANKER issues a letter to the hospital stating that they will bear a certain amount towards the cost of surgery.
• The designated hospital (Appasamy Hospital and The Madras Medical Mission) also perform the surgery at subsidized rates.
• The doctors also waive their fees for such surgeries.
• The balance expenditure is met by the patient.
• Rs. 3,000 – Maximum amount borne by TANKER towards the cost of surgery
• Rs. 2,000 – Balance amount paid by the patient
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Support given to a kidney patient towards Fistula Surgery cost||3000.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.