In today’s global economy, it is becoming increasingly important for young people to have a basic understanding of computers for them to keep up with the world. Action for Development of Demos (ADD) has made it their mission to make this knowledge available and affordable to the village youth in different parts of India.
How It Works
• ADD refers to the list comprised of people below the poverty line and selects people with minimum education.
• The process of selection is transparent. ADD compares authentic financial statements of all the youth in the list of potential beneficiaries and selects the most deserving, for the programme.
• The beneficiaries are then enrolled for a Diploma in Computer Applications course in computer training at the Bharti Group of Educational Institutions in Patna.
• They further get help from local ADD volunteers to identify other people who may not have registered and include them in the list.
• A fresh batch begins every month. The NGO sends students to the centre depending the availability of funds.
• The duration of the course is 3- months.
• The course covers Computer Fundamentals with a wide-range of topics like DOS, Basics of Windows, MS Office, Typing, Scanning and Printing, CD/DVD Writing and Basic Internet Applications.
• Every year about 30 beneficiaries are identified to receive training.
• A batch of 20 women had been helped by ADD and got trained at the centre in the previous year.
Though the minimum number of candidates recommended for a batch is five, sometimes based on the availability of funds, even one candidate is accommodated. All students are made employable at the end of the course.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Registration fee (Rs.50), Admission fee (Rs.250) paid to the institute||300.00|
|Tuition fee for 3 months paid to the institute monthly||2250.00|
|Books on basic computer science topics||965.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.