Set up in the year 2004 to cater to the needs of distraught and hapless women who had no place to go and hence sought shelter, the Dakshata Short Stay Home has turned out to be a haven, a home away from home to these needy women. It has been instrumental in providing these battered women with the necessary breathing space and time to think and plan their future, free from fear, from violence and agony and begin their life anew with dignity.
• Women are given crisis support, temporary accommodation up to a period of three years, assisted with counseling to enable them to pick the threads of their lives
• Skill based, educational and vocational training is provided based on their aptitude.
• All efforts are made to rehabilitate them, re-establish their status and mainstream them into society.
• A case file is maintained on each and every resident.
• Police intervention is sought in abusive or violent cases for protection purposes.
• In extreme cases when there is no solution, and separation seems inevitable the Legal advisor who then guides them legally.
• Women are encouraged to get vocational training and the Samiti helps place them in jobs.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Electricity/ Water/ Telephone||300.00|
|Salaries of Warden/ Counsellor/ Rhab officer etc||1500.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.