Sankara Nethralaya s community services provide cost-free eye screening followed by free distribution of spectacles, free cataract/glaucoma or other corrective surgeries as needed. These services are provided at free eye camps carried out from their mobile eye care units as well as at the base hospitals.
How It Works
• Free treatment is provided on the basis of income proof or letter from the Panchayat Board (in case of farm labour etc.)
• Sankara Nethralaya staff members and volunteers carry out these services.
• They distribute permanent glasses to patients in a van provided by Essilor; the lens too is from Essilor.
• They deliver the glasses to people in rural areas after checking for correction; some patients from the city come and collect the glasses themselves.
• 30-45 days – Number of days after surgery when permanent glasses are provided to the patients
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Cost of spectacles for 2 patients||500.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.