TIDE has been in the business of developing and disseminating fuel-efficient and less air polluting stoves for more than a decade. Being an NGO, their objective is to disseminate this technology widely and facilitate communities to benefit. They have received overwhelming positive feedback from the users on the cost saving potential and health impacts with these stoves.
How It Works
• TIDE has got details of traditional cook-stoves being used in southern states and Rajasthan through surveys carried out as part of their projects.
• From these surveys, they have shortlisted Institutions, Homes, Ashrams and also villagers running a road side stall or canteen, all of whom have a genuine need for these products.
• These institutions or villagers are not able afford to invest in these products and hence continue to suffer economically and health wise by using traditional stoves.
• The impact of donation on these places would be manifold – their fuel consumption will reduce thus saving cost, cooking time comes down and the kitchen will not have smoke, thereby cutting down health problems.
• TIDE members have carried out their task with due diligence in these places.
• This product will be serviced and monitored by their own staff.
• TIDE has partners who fabricate the stoves as per their requirement and supply.
• Under a project with IIT Delhi and MNRE, they have distributed a number of multipurpose chulhas to schools for mid day meal programme in Madurai region.
• In a project executed by TIDE in 2014-15, they have given a few stoves to institutions in Karnataka AP, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
• 16 – Number of stoves given by TIDE to institutions in Karnataka AP, Maharashtra and Rajasthan
• 30 – Number of multipurpose chulhas distributed by TIDE in schools for mid day meal programme in Madurai region
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Multi Purpose Stove MP 60||15500.00|
|Transportation and installation cost||1300.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.