Many poor migrant families live in slums and settlements, in several towns and industrial areas of Dehradun. The youth, women and children are deprived of basic education and/or vocational training. While the men and youth work as laborers in the industries or as construction workers, the women and girls are not educated, forcing them to stay at home. If these women are provided some basic vocational training and skill development workshops, they can become viable contributors to the family’s income.
How It Works
• Balajee Sewa Sansthan has been providing skill development training including fashion design, tailoring, beautician and computer education in the community mainly to women free of cost.
• They organize themselves in self -help groups/ joint liabilities groups.
• After the course is complete, they are linked with banks for financial assistance to undertake new activities.
• Students from below the poverty line, minority and low- income groups get free training.
• A total of 60 poor women get trained in the vocational training facility in 3 batches.
• Balajee Sewa Sansthan targets to train 100+ women every year
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Teaching staff and centre incharge salaries||3600.00|
|Honorarium of manager||300.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.