Despite efforts of government and non- government agencies, people in most of Indian villages still go to fields to defecate. The Total Sanitation Campaign has changed toilet habits of villagers too. While the middle class families have a toilet in their houses, the poor are still deprived of this basic necessity. Balajee Sewa Sansthan constructs low cost toilets in Patna & other districts of Bihar.
How It Works
• The poorest families are selected for constructing toilets in their houses.
• Since the poor have no disposable funds, they can contribute to the construction through labor or provide old bricks and wood.
• The NGO buys the raw material and monitors the construction.
• Balajee has wide experience of construction of low cost toilets and has constructed 1700 such toilets in 30 villages in 3 district of Bihar till date.
• The NGO has completed construction of 31 toilets in 2013-14 and 5 in 2014-15.
• The NGO plans to construct 100 toilets every year.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Cement 3 bags||1200.00|
|Labour Charges (4 Labourers & 2 masons)||2000.00|
|Sheet for doors and setting charges||550.00|
|Sand 8 bags||320.00|
|Field Officer/Supervisor Honararium||120.00|
|Small items purchased||210.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.