Salam Balak Trust (SBT), Mumbai was founded in 1988 after the success of the film Salaam Bombay. The Andheri Centre has been opened most recently. The Centre has a day care for boys and girls and a night shelter for boys.
How It Works
• At the Centre the children gain from all the programmes and activities covering education, nutrition, medical and health care, life skills and counselling and extra-curricular activities.
• The children are enrolled in schools and are helped with their studies at the Centre.
• They also receive a nutritious mid-day meal and evening snacks.
• The boys in the night shelter have all their meals at the Centre including breakfast and dinner.
• 30 – Total number of boys in the night shelter
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Salary of Night Supervisor||550.00|
|Salary of Night Helper||133.00|
|Salary of night security guard||262.00|
|Part electricity and telephone expenses||33.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.