SAATH (Initiatives for Equity in Development) has facilitated participatory processes that improve the quality of life for the urban and rural poor since 1989. Its single-stop, integrated services reach over 100,000 slum dwellers and underprivileged children in Ahmedabad, and many more in Gujarat and Rajasthan.
How It Works
• Balghars provide pre-school education and nutrition support to underprivileged children from the slums of Ahmedabad, between the age group of 3-5 years.
• The children spend the day in a class of up to 30 children with a teacher.
• The curriculum has been specially designed for them with the help of expert child psychologists in collaboration with teachers to improve and strengthen the quality of pre-school education components.
• The teachers go through training at regular intervals, be it in RTE, child development or new teaching methods.
• They are taught in the Montessori method.
• In the year 2014-15, through 7 preschool centres 242 children passed out and 188 were enrolled into formal schooling.
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Fun event/ festival celebration expenses||1700.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.