Vidya Poshak is a registered Non Government Organization (NGO), serving education community. The organization was started by a group of compassionate people in the year 2001 at Dharwad with the aim of supporting financially challenged bright students.
Nurture Merit- Financial assistance is a well designed, structured and focused program to support bright students coming from economically challenged families. Vidya Poshak empowers underprivileged bright students through financial assistance by supporting their college fees, exam fee etc.
How It Works
• Courses supported are Engineering, Medical, Nursing, BSc Agri, BCA & BBA.
• The identification of students is done by physical visits to the student’s home by Vidya Poshak volunteers or staff to assess the need to ensure that only a deserving applicant received the assistance.
• The identification of a deserving student is based on academic merit and poverty.
• After verifying their eligibility, and verifying the fees etc. the scholarship cheque is handed over.
• The same students are helped till they finish their graduation, provided they pass the final exam every year with a minimum percentage.
• The programme has a well-structured monitoring and reporting procedure in place.
• The progress of each student is closely monitored throughout the support period.
• The contact details of students along with their profiles are provided to donors.
• 60% - Minimum percentage of marks to be obtained by the students each year in order to be supported by the Nurture Merit- Financial assistance programme
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|College fees & exam fees||2700.00|
|Program support & Admin||300.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.