Janmitram meaning Friends of People, was established in October 2002. Since then it has been working with the government and community towards development. Their vision is to intervene among backward and disadvantaged communities by raising awareness and skills to enable them to recognize better opportunities offered by our great democratic nation.
Farmland in Chhattisgarh is an underutilized resource. The chief constraint to enhance utilization is water availability. Very poor irrigation facilities and short span of monsoon rains allow only one crop throughout the year. This reduces the opportunity to produce food crops which in turn increases the cost of food for society and gives lower returns to farmers. Janmitram promotes digging of wells which can be used manually. These not only keep costs low but also reduce chances of water wastage.
How It Works
• One dug well is adequate to cater to fruit and vegetable plantation in a small farm.
• These could be pulses, groundnut, onions, potatoes or green vegetables.
• With paddle pumps and a proper drainage plan, additional acres of land can also be served.
• Some farmers do multilayer cropping, i.e. tubers on the ground level and vegetables on canopies and fruit trees on the top level.
• Fruit plants like Mango, Guava, Cashew, Lime etc. give benefits after a couple of years and become a permanent source of income.
• Janmitram either deepens existing wells or digs new ones.
• These wells are either ring wells which are shallow wells or bore wells that are deeper.
• 1-2 – Number of acres of land that are benefitted by one well
• 3-4 – Number of years after which trees like mango, guava, cashew, lime, etc. give benefits to the farmers
|Donation Option||Break-up cost in INR|
|Renting an earth mover to deepen or dig the ring well||3600.00|
|Part costs for Tullu Pump for ring well or 5 HP pump for bore wells)||2000.00|
|Administrative cost for survey and coordination||300.00|
You will receive a feedback report in 4-6 months
While giving is best done as an act of pure human love, we appreciate that tax benefits will help you stretch your contributions even further. Contributions to this donation option are eligible for the following tax benefits:
For Indian Tax Payers: u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible/u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income/u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.
For US Taxpayers: US Tax Payers will receive a 501(c)(3) tax receipt for their donation. Please ensure that the tax receipt field in your profile is set to US Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly.
For UK Taxpayers:If you are a UK taxpayer, for every pound that you donate, our UK arm - GIVE UK, can reclaim 28 pence from the IRS helping your donation go further. This is known as Gift Aid. To qualify for Gift Aid, the income tax or capital gains tax you pay must at least equal the amount we will claim in the tax year. To Gift Aid donations, please ensure that the tax receipt status in your profile is set to UK Tax Payer. Otherwise, login and modify your profile accordingly. When you make a donation, you will be asked whether you would like to GiftAid the donation or not. If you choose yes, we will claim GiftAid on your behalf.